Atream is proud to announce it is now a signatory of the United Nations’ Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
Paris, 8 September 2021 – Atream, an independent investment management firm specialized in real estate and private equity in both the tourism and service industries, is proud to announce that it will adopt the UN’s Principles for Responsible Investment. As a PRI signatory, Atream has proven its commitment to reconciling financial profitability with corporate social and environmental responsibility.
The Principles for Responsible Investment are a UN initiative launched in 2006 and supported by the financial arm of UNEP (the UN Environment Programme) and the UN Global Compact. The six principles encourage financial sector and investment players to consider ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) issues when making decisions and managing their portfolios.
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
This extra-financial approach embodies the duty investors have to work toward society’s greater goals. Atream is proud to join a network of over 3,800 signatories from more than 50 countries who have committed to following these six principles.
“We are delighted to have made this new step toward building a more sustainable and ethical financial industry alongside all of our stakeholders. Since it was founded, Atream has always taken a responsible approach to investment. This signature is fully in line with our comprehensive strategy for socially responsible investment and with our commitment to reconciling business and social progress: the tourism industry has the power to positively and sustainably impact society, regions and future generations,” explained Atream CEO Pascal Savary